Autumn has finally arrived. It’s the time of the year I look most forward to. The air becomes cooler, the colors of nature change, and everything just seems to slow down and everything feels less busy. I can enjoy a cup of coffee while sitting outside and watch the leaves fall and the squirrels gather food for the winter. For short while, everything is more relaxing and enjoyable. And best yet is going for walks in the park and sitting on a bench and just watch.
Reasons to love fall:
1. The cool, crisp air.
2. The colorful leaves: orange, yellow, red, brown, and the inbetweens.
3. The coming holidays; Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
4. No more bugs!
5. The ability to sit outside and drink coffee or hot cocoa without sweating.
6. The change of clothing. You can finally where the coats and jackets sitting in the closet for a whole year.
7. Watching the animals forage for food as they prepare for winter.
8. Bon fires and sitting by a fireplace.
9. Stepping on crunchy leave and hearing the noise they make.
10. Taking walks in the park and relaxing on the park bench.
I think we would all be better off if we took the time to take in the autumn scenery, take a deep breath of the crisp air, and unwind, reset, clear our minds, and just think of better things. This is the time of year when the leaves start to die and the animals begin to prepare for their long winter sleeps. It’s the beginning of the last few months before the year begins to fade away. And it’s a good time to let the old things that we carried through the previous nine months to die with it so that we can rest, just as the earth does during this time. It’s a good time to take the month or two that Autumn affords us to recuperate our souls.
Don’t miss it.
Happy Fall 2018.